(New York: Penguin, 2018), 287
- OKRs = Objectives & Key Results
- "what" and "how"
- reviewed quarterly
- public and transparent
- bottom-up or sideways (50%)
- mostly divorced from compensation
- aggressive and aspirational
- Example OKR:
- Objective: Demonstrate the 8080's superior performance as compared to the Motorola 6800
- Key Results:
- Deliver five benchmarks.
- Develop a demo.
- Develop sales training materials for the field force.
- Call on three customers to prove the material works.
- Four OKR Superpowers:
- Focus and Commit to Priorities
- Align and Connect for Teamwork
- Track for Accountability
- Stretch for Amazing
- CFRs = Conversation, Feedback, and Recognition for continuous performance management
- Andy Grove taught Doerr OKRs at Intel and he has been an OKR evangelist since